A couple of long reads and a couple of short ones.
The long ones (yes, I’m writing an exam on the topics):
- IMF’s World Economic Outlook
- The Comovement between sovereign and bank credit risk during the financial crisis: the case of the euro area Nucera (2012)
- A tale of two overhangs, more on banks and sovereigns
- The economics of conflicts within financial institutions (that one’s old, from 2006)
- Shadow banking (working paper from the NY Fed from 2010)
- The ECB’s monthly bulletin on debt sustainability
- A short history of financial deregulation in the U.S.
- This is just weird
- Bad hacker (slightly NSFW)
- Krugman and Wells’ chapter to the occupy handbook
- Naked Capitalism on Mankiw…
- … his boss can’t do math
- Just pick MPs at random
- This might still happen soon, as it’s being tested (graph via the ECB):